How It Works!
The ProwaveLX laser works by using heat waves to damage the hair follicle which prevents regrowth. The hair follicle must be present for the laser to target it.
The ProwaveLX hair removal system delivers light frequencies for permanent hair reduction. It is individually tailored for each patient based on skin color and hair type. The ProwaveLX can treat a wide variety of skin types safely and effectively and is sensitive enough to be used on any area on the body. Note: laser hair removal is not effective on blonde, white or red colored hairs.
What to expect?ProwaveLX Hair
Optimal results are achieved after a series of 6 treatments. You will see a gradual reduction of unwanted hair with each treatment. Treatments occur 4-6 weeks apart.
After six treatments, the physician evaluates the area(s) and determines if further treatments are necessary.
The remaining hair after your series is sparse and fine compared to the coarse hair that you may have started with.
Because our bodies are covered with millions of dormant hair follicles, over time some of those hair follicles may resurface out of dormancy and begin growth. Touch up treatments may be required for best results.
What Does It Feel Like?ProwaveLX
Treatments are described as comfortable, however, some patients experience a mild pinching or stinging sensation.
Our laser is equipped with a gold-plated sapphire cooling tip to help cool your skin.
A cold gel will be applied on the area of treatment to make the procedure more comfortable. Some patients may prefer to use a topical anesthetic when sensitive areas are treated.
A bright light will be evident even though your eyes are completely protected with a protective eye shield.
- Hair should be cleanly shaven 1-3 days prior to your appointment. Do not wear makeup on the treated area the day of treatment. No waxing, plucking or tweezing at least four weeks prior to treatment otherwise the procedure will not be effective.
- Do not use any self-tanners four weeks prior to hair removal and avoid sun exposure. Avoid treatments that may irritate your skin 1-2 weeks prior to treatment such as depilatories or harsh chemicals.
* If you have a history of herpes or cold sores, you may need an anti-viral prescription prior to treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen to prevent further sun damage.
- Redness and perifollicular edema (looks like a rash/bug bite) are common and resolve with time.
- Bruising and swelling are less common but may occur and will resolve with time
- Hair may take up to 2 weeks to fall out
- Avoid heat – hot tubs, saunas, etc. for 1-2 days. Avoid skin irritants such as products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide, glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc. Please remember to follow the recommended skin care regimen provided in our office.
* Hair removal requires a series of treatments. The number of treatments depends on body location and type of hair.